The physical education program emphasizes active living, with a focus on physical activity that is valued and integrated into daily life.
Active living through physical education:
- creates a desire to participate
- focus on lifetime activities promoting health-related fitness for life
- is about physical activity; and the nature, form, frequency and intensity of the activity are relative to each person's ability, needs aspirations and environment
- places physical activity within a broader perspective of total fitness and well-being that encompasses the entire experience of movement - physical, mental, emotional and social dimensions
- is enhanced through opportunities to participate in such activities as intramural and interschool athletics and community-based sport and recreation activities
- is centered around learner needs; inclusive, individual and varied
- is supported when opportunities for making choices are provided
- is supportive of the relevance of physical activity within the community.
Specialized Course Descriptions
This course is an option course. It does not replace the standard Physical Education course pathway.